Friday, December 18, 2009

Telling the Kids

Well, I forgot to post when we went to the Santana concert, about how when we came home, the kids were anxious to see us. OD came up to me and was hugging me, but just a little too tightly, and for me feeling sick (nauseous) that wasn't a good thing. So, he's hugging me and he hugs me super tight, almost like he's giving me the heimlich, to which I have to tell him, You can't do that again because I'm not feeling well, and also because momma's gonna have a baby." They just looked at me, and said, "wow, oh wow, oh my gosh," is all the could utter, but in a good way. They seemed genuinely glad and excited to be having a new baby in the house.
Joshie then proceeds to say, "I just hope it's not a little brother, we don't need another OD in the house." Darian has to second that. My poor OD, he's such an annoyance to his big brother and sister and the rest of the household at times, but he's just being OD, we couldn't live without him, and wouldn't want him any other way (at least I don't want him any other way, his brother and sister, may beg to differ.) So they talked about whether it was gonna be a boy or a girl, what they're going to do with him or her, about how old they're gonna be when the baby is in Kindergarten, graduating from high school, etc. It was cute hearing them all talk about it. I'm glad they were all so excited. I wasn't sure if Darian was all that excited a few years ago when we did the gender selection, simply because she wouldn't be the ONLY girl anymore. I think she likes being the Queen. But I know she's excited now, I can tell. Now there'll be six of us!! Wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment