Friday, December 18, 2009

September 11, 2009--Remembrance for a few reasons


Well, officially today is December 18, but I haven't posted a darned thing since August!!! So, needless to say, I am waaaaayyyyy behind and have much to post.

But as for this post specifically, this one has special significance because, number one, it is September 11th and we all know what THAT means. Of course we all think back to 2001, and we think of where we were when all of the terrorist attacks happened and things like that. But for me, this day has a little more significance. Well, for one, I went to see my OB/Gyn today because I have missed my period (by at least a week). I'm usually pretty regular, so it is a bit peculiar, hmmm...... So I have a pregnancy test done, and 'lo and behold, I'M PREGNANT!!! I can't even believe it. I'm happy, yet, shocked, scared, anxious, worried, all kinds of things are being conjured up in my mind, much less my now completely hormonal body. Wow!! It's crazy too, because Alan and I had tried to have a baby girl a couple of years ago, and I didn't keep the baby, for whatever reason. Also, Alan and I haven't exactly tried NOT getting pregnant, I mean, I haven't even been on the pill for, damned near going on 6 years!!! And NOW it happens?? I'm about to be 40 in December and it happens now??
Anyway, after my doctor's appointment and the initial shock has left me, I drive over to Alan's work and text him to come outside. So he gets in the car and we chit chat for a minute about what his day has been like, I brought him a soda, and then, I tell him I have something to tell him. I don't know of any other way to say it, except to blurt it out, "you're going to be a daddy!!" He kinda just sits there for a second, not really any specific look on his face. But he's probably thinking, "what the heck are you talking about?" But a smile slowly starts to appear on his face, as I tell him where I had just come from and of course, "I'M PREGNANT, IT'S OFFICIAL!!" So of course, he's absolutely happy and hugs me and gives me a kiss, but I ask him not to say anything to the people at work, and he agrees. So that's when and how we found out we were preggers. So we'll see what this little pnut has in store for us. I'm sure we're in for an adventure, to say the least. And for now, that is her official name, "Pnut."

No comments:

Post a Comment