Friday, December 18, 2009

Santana In Vegas

Well, we are going to Vegas to see Santana at The House of Blues, I'm sure it's going to be a spectacular show.
So at the airport I start to get super nauseous and Alan has to hunt down some saltines and a 7Up, but to no avail, there is only Sprite, Yuck! Well, I gotta make due and sure enough, it's fine and goes down great with my bland saltine crackers. So I'm munching on crackers and Sprite for almost the entire flight and feel so much better with them in me.
So we get to the hotel, The Bellagio, and it's so gorgeous, the hotel, and the room, I wish I would have felt better so I could have enjoyed myself a little more, because this is VEGAS!!!! But I think to myself, "I have a little baby growing in me," so I feel okay, remembering this small factoid.
So Alan and I get ready to go to dinner and some steak place (can't remember the name), but I have one glass of red wine, which is permitted, don't get your panties all in a bunch now, doctors say red wine in moderation is perfectly fine. Besides, I thought to myself, "I'm sure women in Europe do it all the time." Of course, I'm not in Europe you say . . . . . anyway, the wine went down exceptionally smooth and was wonderful, as was dinner, although I couldn't finish all of it. Which will be the story of my life for the next few months and beyond, I'm sure of it. So, instead of going out and having drinks and walking around (like we normally would have during any other Vegas trip) we instead head back to our room, because I am SUPER-DE-DUPERTY tired, like you would not believe, again, story of my life for months to come.
So we get back to the room, get undressed from the beautiful dress and shoes I just had on, and only wore for about an hour and a half, just to get into a tank and my undies to lay down in bed. Alan sits in bed with his laptop and is scanning any and all 'baby' websites (he's so darned excited, the man can barely contain himself.) I'm laying in the bed 1/2 watching TV and listening to him as he reads me all these interesting little tidbits about what my body is going through, and what it WILL be going through in the next few months, it's pretty interesting and exciting. Plus, I have a partner that is super excited, so he wants to know EVERYTHING about what is happening in my body, to my body and how the baby is developing and all kinds of stuff, so that in itself is exciting too.
So I eventually fall asleep and wake up occasionally to find Alan still scanning the 'net for baby stuff. I fall back asleep and he's asleep as well, this time.
So we get up the next morning, eat breakfast, and walk around a bit. I am getting easily tired and want nothing more than to lay down and sleep. So we go to our room so I can nap before dinner and the show tonight.
Well, I wake up feeling famished and have to dress and get ready for din-din, we're having Italian tonight. Dinner is wonderful, and I'm satisfactorily stuffed, like a Thanksgiving day turkey. So much so, that it's hard to suck in whilst walking around in this new dress (which is super cute, if I do say so myself.) So onto the concert and we have super awesome seats (6 rows from the front!) Santana was completely amazing, he played so much good music, I would definately like to see him again. So again, after the concert, I was totally wiped out. We walk outside to grab a cab and the line is literally going around the building. This Towncar is passing right in front of us, so I stop and ask how much to take us back to The Bellagio, the price is good, so we hop in, bypassing all the people still in the taxi line. Thank goodness. Time to hit the hay, once again.
All in all, Vegas was fun, all things considered. I'm not sure Vegas will be the same for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment