Friday, December 18, 2009

Kids . . . . . .

Well, the other day I asked the kids what they wanted for Christmas and wanted lists made, for me and for my mom. So I start writing things down that they are saying (even though they were to make lists of their own, and they did, later). So, I guess OD is looking over my shoulder as I'm writing down Darian's list, and one of the things I wrote was 'xs undies.' So OD in all of his naivete says, 'what does xs mean?' I said, 'it means extra small, as in undies.' He then says to me, 'then what are you, an extra big?' From the mouths of babes right? Geez, I know I must be huge if my 10 year old son is calling me extra big!!!
Oh well, I'm pregnant and my body is going through alot of changes and yes, I'm gaining weight. My doctor says my weight gain has been right on. Thing is, I was gaining weight BEFORE I got pregnant, so . . . . . . anyway, right now I have absolutely no energy to do anything, much less exercise. I just can't help it, no matter how much sleep I get, it doesn't help.
I read in an article somewhere, that a pregnant woman's body at rest, is working at the equivalent of someone who is climbing a mountain. Now I don't know if that's South Mountain, or Mount Everest, but regardless, my body is working over-time and dammit, if I'm tired, I'm tired.

Exercise can wait 'til later.

No comments:

Post a Comment