Monday, June 1, 2009

OD Little League Playoffs

On Saturday O.D. had a playoff game against the Dbacks. We have played them during the season, obviously, and had beat them a couple of times, and they beat us once. It was a really good game. I'm sorry that my family couldn't have been there to see it. A boy we call Junior hit a big time home run, like about 15 feet past the fence, and brought in two runs with him, the boys went crazy, it was awesome!!! So needless to say, we won 6-1.
When the playoffs began there were eight teams and now it's down to just two, us and the Phillies, the dreaded Phillies. The boys all know this team is good, but I tell O.D., "Everyone has their bad days, and not everyone is good, all the time." I tell him to think positive and that he can also pray about it, which I think he does anyway. But, I don't see why our team couldn't pull it off, our boys have been killing the other teams in the playoffs, there's no reason why they can't, is my answer and we can be just as good as any other team.
So our week, starting on Wednesday will be practice, Thursday, practice then the final game on Friday. I have invited the family, hopefully some can show and give a little support to our team. O.D. will be so excited!!!
My lil' O.D. has played some awesome shortstop this season and is REALLY good at this position, I (and Alan) hate it when the coach puts him in the outfield and puts a much less deserved kid in his spot. This is the playoffs Coach, you've been teaching and working with these kids all season to see where they fit best, and now that you're in the playoffs, put the kids in the spots where they shine, not just because you have to put them in the rotation sometime in the game. That's lame. That's what the regular season is for. Ugh, it just irks me to no end. Anyway, we'll see what happens on Friday, stay tuned for the finale'.

No comments:

Post a Comment