Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Artwork




Recently I have bought a painting by one of my favorite artists, Tamara de Lempicka. It's a big painting and it's going in my bathroom. When I told the lady where I was putting it, she kinda hesitated and said, "Well, I don't know how well it will do with the humidity." I told her it was a big bathroom and not to worry, it doesn't get all that humid in there.
The second painting I bought is called, "Madagascar Jasmine," by Irene Carranza. I first saw this paining (a huge one, mind you) at the Maria Maria restaurant at Tempe Marketplace, which is owned by Carlos Santana. I absolutely fell in love with the painting. I am on her email list, so I received notification that there was one for sale; mind you, it's not as big as the 3' x 5' one in the restaurant, mine is an 11"x14", but that was okay with me. Mine is numbered as well, and came with a Certificate of Authenticity. It's beautiful, and it too will be going in my bathroom, above my toilet. Have a look!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment