Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gnome, Sweet Gnome
















I was at my absolute favorite store to buy stuff to decorate my house with (which is now closing, I'm so bummed), and I happened upon this cute gnome. You know, like the one that's on the Travelocity commercial, except mine is cuter, I think. So I pick him up, to check out the price, and he's $29.99, except he's 70% off, so of course I'm buying him right? I carefully put him in my basket, because I just know the kids will get a kick out of it (which they actually could have cared less about him--little did I know, right?), and I liked him too. But as I picked him up off the shelf he was sitting on, the base came off like it was broken, but I put it back together (and it fit perfectly back together mind you), I figured he was going to be sitting outside anyway, so who cares if the base is broken off. But as I looked at the base, it was quite odd what I saw. There were four little turtles that had either been carved out of the base, or just glued to the inside of the base. When I got to the cashier to pay the girl says, "did you see the turtles inside the base?" I told her that I had. She said that some woman had set him down on the shelf too hard and the base had broken off. So I'm wondering why would they (the artist, the company) put the turtles inside, if no one was going to see them, only by chance, if someone happened to break the base. Odd????? So I went online to see if I could find anything about this, but alas, nothing. Maybe my gnome is a special gnome, is it a particularly good "brand" of gnome or what?? I don't know, but it's pretty cute, the gnome and the turtles. Now I have a little story to tell when I'm showing people my gnome.
My mom now knows that I like gnomes, so when she was out the other day, she saw a bobblehead one and bought it for me (I think my sisters each got one too.) She told me not to put it in the direct sunlight because the sun might bleach him. So I found the perfect spot for him. We'll see how long it takes the little ones to find him. We'll have to make a little game out of it next time they're all over. So take a look at my little gnomes, they're sooooo cute. Gotta keep on the lookout for more to put ALL OVER my backyard, that would be awesome! Maybe even a bunch of fairies. That would be cute, a gnome and fairy backyard. By God, that's exactly what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment