Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Baseball Player

On January 30th, OD had a baseball tune-up clinic. I was at Krista's for a bit because it was Ethan's birthday party, but I left after a bit because I wanted to watch my boy play some ball. I got to the field and Alan and I just stood around for about 1/2 hour. OD had done a great job, Alan said. He said even though he's with the "big boys" this year (in the majors) he could definately hold his own. He was making the catches, hitting the ball and fielding really well. I already knew he could do it, and I later told OD how proud I was of him, and gave him reassurance that no matter how much bigger another kid is, it doesn't make him better or faster, it doesn't matter; and just because a kid LOOKS like he can play, doesn't necessarily mean he can. He was surprised he was in the majors this season, but I told him it was because of his age. He was a little apprehensive at first, but after talking with him, he knew he could do it--with mom behind him, how can he not, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment