Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby Weight??

Well, I am officially the heaviest I have EVER been in my life!!! Thanks in part to my little pnut, and partly because I was already 17 pounds heavier than I had been prior to being pregnant. Ugh, it's not pretty. I feel even worse because I'm not supposed to be doing anything strenuous. I haven't even been able to do the pregnancy yoga videos I bought, what a waste!! I'm supposed to be careful with myself, not do too much walking around, not standing for too long, so of course, that means, no working out. (In case you don't know, I was having contractions at about 25 weeks, waaaaay too early for my babygirl.)
I'm usually a pretty active person, I like going to the gym, riding my bike, doing my ChalenExtreme DVDs, lifting weights, jumping rope, running on my treadmill, etc. Now I can't do ANYTHING. My husband, of course, thinks I look great, and loves me any way that I am.
I know, I know, I should be concentrating on what my body is doing, and what it's partaking in, but it's hard, when you're on the scale staring at the numbers as they climb higher and higher and they stop at 150.2!!!!!! WTH??? I have to look around and look to see if anyone has their leg on the scale and is pushing down on it, to make the numbers climb higher and higher. Of course, there's not, it's only little 'ol me. Or, not-so-little-'ol me. Bleah!!!! Oh well. Oh wait! There's more....I was on the Babycenter website and I'm reading "what happens to your body--Week 29," and it says, "congratulations, you are now entering your third trimester, your body should be gaining 11 pounds in the next few months." What??? More weight?? Geez, I'm gonna be close to 200 pounds (hopefully not, if I watch what I eat, and try to eat healthy.) But man oh man, I'm gonna have lots of work to do when I'm done here. Whew!!!
Oh well, once little Christina is with me, I hopefully won't care so much. She'll be with me while I'm working out downstairs or outside on my treadmill. She'll probably be wondering, "what the heck is my mom running from??" ha ha

1 comment:

  1. How cute!!! You will work it off, and be the hot lil Mama again!

    ReplyDelete