Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Andre's Graduation




Well, tonight was kinda hectic. We had Summative for Joshie at school, and he HAD to be there in order to get a grade. Each 8th grade class had to design and build a theme park, yes, I did say, theme park. So we had to go see what the end results of these many hours of work had turned up. It was cute. You could tell that some of the classes really had put alot of effort/work into their creations. Cute ideas, cute theme parks, really. So anyway, after Summative we had to jet over to Andre's graduation, wow, I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. I remember when Andre was just a baby, and my baby girl was just a baby and they played together. Joshie wasn't even a thought yet. Whoa. Anyway, it was completely raining, practically the entire time we were there. Thank goodness I keep an umbrella in my truck. So, needless to say, mine and Darian's hair was a complete and utter disaster, why did we even take the time to style it? Who knows, I personally didn't know it was raining, or had the potential to rain. Anyway, we sat in the rain for 2 hours, yes, again, I said 2 hours. Finally he made his way to the front podium to receive his diploma, the whole family cheered!! He threw his hands in the air to show his excitement. It was bittersweet for the family as well, as Josh was not there to see his son graduate, because of course, he is incarcerated, unfortunately for him. Roberta had called me earlier to see if the kids would be able to make it, and I wasn't sure if they were because of Summative. But we did and everyone was so glad that they were there, especially Andre. Even Lloyd came up to me three times in the evening and thanked me for taking them, he said, "Hey thank you so much for bringing them, Andre was so worried that they weren't going to be there to see him graduate." He (Andre) must have really, really wanted them there and had let Roberta and Lloyd know. I know the kids wanted to be there, as it was a big moment for Andre and they wanted to be there to share it with him. It was worth it sitting in the rain I suppose, to have your kids maintain their relationships with their other family and their brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment