Thursday, July 9, 2009

Getting Ready for Halloween



Well, a few days ago OD comes to me with two lists on two pieces of paper. One said "Thriller Michael Jackson," and the other said, "Motown 25." So he proceeds to tell me that he wants to be the latter and telling me all about all the things he's going to need to "be him." The list tells me there's a black sequin jacket, the sequin shirt, glove, sparkly socks, black shoes, and a black hat. So today, OD and I went to Savers (this is the first place we went also, LUCKY!!!) and we found a kids' black suit jacket and some black pants, which have to be altered, shorter to show off those sparkly socks I'm going to make for him. The costume is going to be really cute. I ordered some white gloves off of eBay and the swarovski crystals already, which I gotta glue onto the tops of the glove only, (thank goodness). I went to Joann's and bought the sparkly "costume" fabric to make him a shirt to go under the jacket, and at Joann's they had the sequins (3-row) for $4.99/yd. I was like, what the heck??? So I put it down and we headed to SAS, he wasn't too happy about that, but I was ecstatic. I found the same size, actually cuter looking sequins for .$99/yd., plus, I found 4" silver sequins for his slouchy socks, which was the same price as the other, I couldn't believe what a deal I got, woo hoo!!! Now I gotta get into my craft room and organize it, or at the very least, clean it, so I can have a little bit of workspace. It's a disaster from me buying presents and wrapping them, and such, and just leaving stuff out, not putting anything away. Bad, bad girl. Anyway, Joshie hasn't decided what he wants to be yet, so we're still working on that.
While I was at Joann's today, I looked through the patterns and found a super cute Queen of Hearts, so that's what Miss D is gonna be. I'm trying to talk Joshie into being the Mad Hatter (the Johnny Depp one, of course), but he's really against it right now. We'll see.
By the way, OD has informed me that he HAS to get a tan to be the "Motown Michael," I just laughed and said, "well, we can use some makeup too." He says to me very seriously, "no, I think it would be better if I just got a darker tan." Silly kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment